Tuesday 8 October 2013

Catching up....


Well......
I have done absolutely nothing on here recently!! Apologies for that.
It's been a bit of a whirlwind of late. Wedding plans, work, friends and family have all eaten up my time; as has a little laziness too!
Where to begin.... I am in the process of changing jobs at the moment. After two and a half years, time at my current job is coming to a close, I thought it was time to move on. I've met some great people there, great friends who I will keep in touch with for many years to come I suspect.
What else has happened? Well, myself and my fiancée, Emma have picked the wines for our wedding!
It was a hard slog, but after an evening trying 7 wines with a couple of friends, we have made our decision!
Which are as follows:

1. Philippe Herard Carte Noir NV
Pretty lively, full of yeasty biscuity aromas. Green apple and some apple core too. This is a predominantly Chenin Blanc based wine, sourced from all over France and vinified in Burgundy. A good, enjoyable wine.

2. Mas De Vignerons, Cote De Gascone 2012.
A blend of Ugni Blanc and Colombard. The nose was full of apple and pear, with some lovely lemon freshness. This all follows through onto the palate, with some herby green notes too.

3. Percheron Rosé, Grenache Gris 2012, South Africa
Pretty good. Relatively light, but with loads of fruit. Strawberry, cherry, peach and apricot, both on the nose and palate. This wine is full of ripe fruit, but not sweet fruit, thankfully. Making it quite pleasantly refreshing.

4. Chateau Bouissel Classic, 2011 Fronton
A wine of which, through the previous vintages I have come to know quite well. A blend of Negrette, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, and a little malbec (cot) too. I really like this wine. The nose is crammed with rose petals, cherry, blackcurrant and bramble, and strawberry. There is loads of perfume too, and no oak. It's all fruit, making it deliciously rich, but not heavy; this vintage is actually slightly lighter than previous years. Yumm...

All in all, I feel pretty happy with our selection, and I think they'll go down pretty well on our BIG DAY!!
Now just need to get everything else together!

No comments:

Post a Comment