Tuesday 2 July 2013

The beginning of a wine cellar. Finally!

For the 18 months or so that I've been into wine, my modest collection has lived in the corner of my dining room, doubling up as a climbing frame for the cats, just getting in the way and not offering a realistic or dependable way to store or age wine. But, no longer; recently I embarked on tidying up our dark cluttered basement, the first attempt since we moved in two years ago. Needless to say it was quite a job, with many hours spent in the darkness like some sort of hermit.
Eventually, everything was in its place, either boxed up or in the bin! Leaving a lot more available space than I had expected, meaning in not much time at all, Emma (my fiancee) would get her dining room back.

After finding an ad in the back of Decanter magazine, for a site called winecase.net, which is a pretty decent site I may add, I bought and took delivery or a 90 bottle rack; leaving many more vacant slots than I had expected!
So now then: Tidy cellar, done. Put in wine racks, DONE.
Next step, buy lots of lovely wine!! And more racks! And more wine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment